Friday, January 29, 2010

A Pair of Cyclists.

And we're back. We survived the first week of early morning rides, crotch guard shorts/pants (I'm telling you, padded shorts are a life saver but perhaps the most ridiculous feeling thing ever. Ever.) and overcoming fears. I am afraid that getting up in the morning is going to kill me while Caitlin is afraid that (i) the bruises on her legs are going to make people think she's being abused and (ii) that her hair doesn't look perfect in a helmet. We're a good pair. Here are some other ways that we compliment each other in our quest to become pro-kit-wearing-cyclists:

I wear my helmet and gloves into Noah's to buy bagels because I want everyone to know how athletic I am; Caitlin removes hers promptly and uses the windows to fix her hair.

I am scared of the buses and trucks flying by (I grew up in Iowa; we don't have freeways or busy streets); Caitlin is scared that we will not finish in time to get bagels.

I refuse to ride in the dark because we don't have flashing lights for our bikes yet and I CANNOT break the law; Caitlin prefers riding in the dark because then people can't see her and therefore can't judge her.

The world could not handle two of either of us.

~~ Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment