Monday, January 25, 2010

READY. SET. SPANDEX.

On June 6th 2010 2,500 cyclists from all over the country will be riding from San Francisco to Los Angeles to benefit AIDS research and those living with the disease.
Autumn and Caitlin are two of these people. They are obviously insane. They are obviously going to have to wear a lot of spandex and those wrap around sunglasses from hell. They are writing a blog about it.
They will probably blog about it a lot, focusing on crotch guard padding, being up too early and their team of Cray Crays.

Let's meet our bloggers and novice cyclists. Wait, is there a word for less than novice? Whatever that is, that is what they are.

Caitlin: Hi, I don't often do anything that requires sweating or not wearing make up. I blow dry my hair every day. People don't believe I am doing this. They also don't believe that I was the one to make Autumn (blogger partner) join up.
I somehow decided this was a good idea about a week ago and have been having a very long manageable anxiety attack ever since. Real excited! Real nervous about spontaneously ejecting from my new (pink) bike and breaking my face! Real happy to help such wonderful people. Really thinking I need to learn to ride a bike.

Autumn: So, I am really excited to be blogging. Always thought that I should have a blog, but could never figure out why anyone would want to read about my life....you know, until about 5 min. ago my life consisted of work, work, more work, dinner and work. Super fun first year attorney stuff. And then, Caitlin decided she was athletic, asked me to join and I (apparently) couldn't say no. Thus, I now get to blog!! (my blogging partner just called me the "blog police") Anyway....I'm excited to say the least. I feel as if tomorrow is a big day. Bigger perhaps than next Saturday (our first training ride) and last Sunday (the day I held onto a gnome because I was scared to spend so much cash on this rode bike thing). Tomorrow we ride. Tomorrow we wear spandex. Tomorrow is the beginning....ooh, and we get to wear fingerless gloves!!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you! ~~ all the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies are the BEST and I can't WAIT to enjoy this blog in the coming months!
    ~~The Bike Whisperer~~

    ReplyDelete