Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I RODE 75 MILES AND DID NOT EVEN DIE!!!!

So if you have been keeping up with the all important blog (which, I mean what else could you possibly be doing?) you know that it is getting dangerously close to the big start day. You also know that clips and I were in the midst of a contentious relationship and that I went to Vegas last weekend, which is essentially ANTI-training.
Well THIS weekend was Day on the Ride, which is a day long ride that simulates the big ride with pit stops/lunch/sweep vehicles etc. We rode from Santa Monica to San Pedro (which for those who are not locals, is like real far away) and back. Instead of giving you a long recap, here is an itemized list of events from Sunday, aka: That Really Really Long Ride I Did That One Time.
-number of miles completed: 75
-number of falls: 2.5 (I ran into a Prius once, so that is only half a fall)
-number of near death experiences: 1 (My head almost got run over by a car once. I think only 1 near death experience per 75 miles is pretty good, actually)
-number of times I successfully unclipped and stopped without eating it: a freaking lot
-number of massive hills climbed: seemingly infinite
-number of massive hills walked up: 1 (out of spite for all hills, not inability to climb hill)
-number of people I owe my ride and probably sanity to: 3, Ivy, Chris, and Doreen!
-number of roadies that I kept trying to secretly get in car with at every pit stop, but would not let me: 3, Kerry, Gin, Ana
-number of wristband tan lines: 1, sweet.
-number of flavors of Powerade in my water bottle at any given time: at least 3
-number of bs, illegitimate, wtf "vegetarian" aka lettuce sandwiches consumed: 1
-number of actual turkey sandwiches consumed: 1
-number of cheese crackers consumed: 1,000
-number of non-ride provided chicken nuggets consumed: 4 (thanks Gin!)
-number of bruises now on my body: 45
-number of excited people cheering me in at the finish: at least 25
-number of times Autumn's family prayed for me in South Dakota: at least 10 (thank you!)
-number of times Autumn cried when I told her I finished all 75 miles: 3
-number of beef patties consumed immediately following ride completion: 2
-number of people proud of me: everyone I talk to. I love you! Thank you for all of your support!

So thats was my DOTR experience. So glad I did it! Still tired!

Just to put this all in perspetive, lets do a comparison: this weekend vs. last weekend:

last weekend: vegas caitlin.

this weekend: bike caitlin. i mean, this is just straight sexy.


Some pictures from this weekend courtesy of the amazingly positive and endlessly patient Chris:

this was like mile 65. i kind of remember it.

chris: my own personal bike guardian angel. and bunnii.

completion! delirious with two of my favorite people ever.

-Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment