Friday, April 9, 2010

SPANDEX PACKING. ITS ALL A GIRL CAN THINK ABOUT.

I visited the Pain Gang this morning. And let me tell you, there was PAIN involved. Gross. And even though every single one of THEM, including the Pro Kit Wearing Danno, is very skeptical of my ability to ride 600 miles 58 days from today (AHHHH), I'm still excited and ready for some weekend training (I REALLY REALLY want to ride to Malibu this weekend for shave ice (or AHYES, as Mrs. Dr. Texas would say), but it is about 20 miles longer than I am currently/supposed to be riding....thoughts?). Also I'm taking to the blog to confirm that (i) I don't care what you think, I'm doing this, (ii) if I can only ride some kind of half day mileage, I'm still doing this and (iii) I'm more stubborn than I look so I'm doing this.

Yes, my longest ride to date was 44 hilly miles up and over the Valley and down into the beach. And yes that ride occurred over 6 weeks ago, pre-annoying/terrible back. And yes, 44 miles is half of the mileage per day. But I made a comittment and I'm sticking with it. So there.

And to prove my point, I wanted to show you the brand new super fantastic gear bags that Caitlin and I picked up last weekend!! I mean, who buys a gear bag for a specific event if they're not going to do it?? Please note the following awesomeness of the gear bag: It has a special helmet compartment; there is a removable laundry/shower bag, perfect for hauling stuff from the tent to the shower trucks; the wheels aren't your normal airport luggage wheels -- they go off roading; and it is big, very very big, big enough that after ALC we can haul about 30 pairs of shoes each to Vegas for our after ride party extravaganza.

While Caitlin is heading to Vegas this weekend (boots in tow to cover all of the clipping bruises/puncture wounds) I will be doing some more strengthening exercises, cleaning my apartment/room and perhaps riding to Malibu.....or doing another Soul Food Sunday Ride (see previous post...once I figure out how to link previous posts, I will). Hope all of the FANS out there have a fantastic weekend!

~~Autumn

PS I meant to include this in my post yesterday, but got all kinds of excited about everything and forgot (maybe I should lay off the coffee): If you live in the LA area or surrounding areas and need some physical therapy/a good laugh, check out http://www.vargopt.com Dr. Name on the Door has about a million locations and, I'm sure, staffs them with only the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment