Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spandex Preparations

Well fans, its Thursday and not much exciting has happened this week. The mid-week riding has really slowed for various reasons (maybe I should take up spinning), and unfortunately for you, that means the hilarious stories have slowed during the week. But never fear, I am in Los Angeles and officially back on my bike. I've basically decided to throw all caution to the wind and just hit the road.

We're planning a ride up PCH to Malibu this weekend -- if you see us, kindly wave but don't honk -- it will be a good test of how my neck/back muscles are doing. With the thought of shave ice on one end and Souplantation on the other, I'm sure I'll be motivated and it will be fine. Sunday we'll probably do an official ALC 3-in-1 ride; this is a ride that allows riders to "choose their own adventure" by riding 18, 32 or 40 miles. Obviously, we'll be shooting for 40. Again, I'm sure we'll both be fine and after last weekend, 40 miles seems like some kind of nothing to Caits. Also, in timely spandex preparation, I'll have an appointment with the Pain Gang on Monday bright and early and they can put me back together should certain parts of me decide to revolt.

Along with planning our weekend ride, we continue to email and plan our trip. I cannot wait for vacation/the ride! Today Caitlin bought the shirt that she will be sporting at Closing Ceremonies in Brentwood on June 12; you should come so you can see it! Aren't we so cool? Planning these things out so far in advance. We've also come up with a list of items that we still need to buy in order to comfortably (as possible) survive 7 days in the elements. I need things like a sleeping bag, inflatable pillow and socks. We are also both still shy of our $3,000 fundraising minimum. Many of you have donated generously already and we really appreciate it! Between finishing the fundraising requirement and accumulating gear, we are in for a busy month, but it should be exciting!

~~Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment