Friday, March 5, 2010

DRAMA FOR PRO-KIT-WEARING SISTERS

As Autumn recapped, my sister purchased a bike last weekend so she can train for her tri and also so we can ride together. So, two mornings this week we got out of bed at 5:30 and went riding around the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
All this is heart warming and good, but not the point of this post. The point is that this morning we were out and ran into (more than) a little drama. This morning was Alexis' second day on the bike in ten years or so, so understandably she was not super confident about riding in the middle of the street. So I am on the outside and she is closer to the white line and we are single file. SINGLE FILE I SAY. Anyone who knows me knows that I follow rules!! We are riding along and spot an old man that looks like he is waving us out of the way...which is weird because we were not in the way. I assume he had something on his arm he was trying to shake off. However on the second time around, he starts yelling as we approach and then punches...YES, PUNCHES my sister in the arm as she rides past. WTF???? Who does that? The force was great enough that she had to stop abruptly which knocks her chain off. My sister asked the old man if he was 2 because you cannot just go around hitting people and it just escalated from there. He was screaming curse words at her and we threatened to call the police, because THAT IS ASSAULT. Again, can't go around punching people! Cannot. Even if she was fully in the walking lane, which she defiantly was not, it did not call for such aggressive self defense...or any. Anyway, I, being the ultimate sweetheart I am I said some extremely unpleasant things to him about his age and mortality and we rode off. Kind of shook us up for the rest of the ride.
I do have to say two cyclists stopped to ask if we needed help putting the chain back on.
Moral of the story...cyclists:nice. Old walker people:evil.
-Caitlin

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Does that cranky geezer KNOW how dangerous Barbie is??!! Don't MAKE me come out there you old cuss!! I WILL whisper your a$$!
    ~~BW~~

    ReplyDelete