Monday, March 22, 2010

HELLO, STRANGER

So, apologies for being absent for the last couple of weeks. Regular life has intercepted my cycling life and caused my training to derail a little. Autumn was very very sick and it was raining and I was working more than any person who professionally makes track suits should...anyway, not a lot of bike riding.
However, yesterday Autumn and I accidentally (in that the route went by my house) watched a good part of the LA Marathon and it completely reinvigorated me. I have never watched (or cared) about any sporting events like that really, but there was so much energy and cheering and pride...it was very inspiring. I cannot even imagine the sense of accomplishment you would feel from completing something like that...and it shocks me that in less than three months I will have that feeling. Unbelievable. What makes it even better is that we ride for more than just ourselves, but for a cause so much bigger.
All of this came to me just from watching some people run. Amazing.
Something else that came to me? I demand a large and obnoxious sign to be displayed as I ride up San Vicente and into the Closing Ceremonies. Family: get on it.
-Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment