Wednesday, May 12, 2010

ONE WEEKEND: MANY MANY MANY HILLS

There is something you realize when you start biking that you would never really think about otherwise; there are like NO flat roads in LA. None. If you want to ride your bike in LA you better learn to deal with hills, or you should just move to the Midwest now (I hear it is very flat there). Now, it's not that I like hills, nor do I ever think I will, but I fear I have found an inner talent: riding a bike up them. There is a large possibility that my tendency to beat everyone up hills is due to the fact that my bike and I are not very heavy put together, but I find it is also due to the fact that I am angry at the hill for existing so I want to kick its ass. I think I am also angry at bikes for existing and making me wear ugly clothes and ride them. So in summation: I am angry at the entire sport of cycling and all that it entails, therefor I am good at hills.
Autumn is way more thorough than me at weekend updates, so I will just give you the highlights of what was going thorough my head this weekend:
Saturday
1. "I hate hills."
2. "Why am I beating everyone up this hill??"
3. "Autumn is such a bad ass for doing this when she is at least 75% sick."
4. "I am in Montrose and not eating La Cabinita. This is just wrong."
5. "I am SO hungry. How many shot blocks is too many shot blocks?"
Sunday
1. "I want to go back to bed."
2. " Goldsteins is really good. However, they did NOT give me a Mega Turkey. Do I look like a Simply Turkey kind of girl?"
3. "I hate hills."
4. "I want to go back to bed."
Autumn has all the pictures from this weekend (and I am secretly hoping they mysteriously vanish from her camera) so I once again used my sweet illustrator skills to share the weekend with you. Enjoy:
-Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment