Tuesday, May 4, 2010

PRO KIT WEARING SISTERS

As Autumn as already blogged about Sunday, I will fill everyone in on the Saturday ride. However, I would like to say first that the irony of me wearing that most offensive and nasty outfit/kit in La Canada was lost on me. Moral of the story: don't wait to do laundry until you only have your crazy, patriotic pro kit left to wear. When you do wear it, it will inevitably be the day that you have 15 full body shot of you taken.
ANYWAY...Saturday was a beautiful day so Autumn and I decided to take a 40 mile ride through the San Gabriel Valley. Literally, almost all of it. We rode from South Pasadena, through San Marino, Arcadia, Monrovia, Sierra Madre, and Pasadena. It was actually very flat and nice.
My sister decided to throw caution to the wind and join us, which was totally fun. I mean, she does have a bright pink helmet (which is made of air, as we found out: don't buy your helmet at Target) what could be more fun than that!? I have never been MORE experienced in anything athletic than my sister, so it was like some alternate reality when I was giving her tips and knowing things about cycling. Crazy! But it was so fun that we could do it together as a fun sisterly activity. I wish that we could incorporate the dogs too, but we decided we would have to duct tape them to the side of the bike, because running along side would last for about 30 seconds. Probably not going to happen.
Oh! And in the middle of the ride, Alexis suggested we stop at Sonic for lunch which I think was the best idea she's ever had besides deciding to have my niece. Sonic is AMA-zing. Totally worth the 40 miles.

Looking thrilled. I would like to point out the longest ride she had done before this was 10 miles. She's a bad ass.

Just being pro, you know.

Go pink helmet, go!

This ride is brought to you by Sonic and all of their refreshing, sugary bevergy goodness. And tater tots.
-Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment