Monday, February 8, 2010

CRIMES OF SPANDEX

Just when you thought you could not wait any longer for another installment, I come through. I would like to mention that I have been out and about in the cycling world for about three weeks now and have not come across anyone choosing to wear these questionable items. However, they are available for sale, someone must buy them. They are OUT THERE...

Q: How can me we make a bib EVEN MORE attractive?
A: Put a nausea educing print on it and add a zipper of course!

So let's discuss these for a minute. You may not know what they are. They are arm warmers. Made to look like your arms have scary and giant tattoos on them. These are for the man in your life who not only likes cycling, but also likes dating their cousins and drinking beer on the stoop of their double wide while cleaning their gun. Or a pirate.


When I first came across the crouching tiger jersey from the last post, I was unaware that aside from it being totally creepy, it was also first in a series...nay, an epidemic of front to back, unisex, animal jerseys. It seems to be a jungle theme. I just can't think of anything better.
-Caitlin

5 comments:

  1. I saw a show choir (like Glee) wearing the tattoo arm sleeves. Somehow it didn't help them pull off the tough guy image since the rest of their costumes were spandex and sequins. Which brings up the point that spandex and sequins could be a stellar combo-let me know if you ever see that out on the road. Or you could start the trend!

    BTW--since you have no idea who I am, tell Autumn I am Megan's sister (from Hull/UNI). Love your blog--totally get you guys, except the cycling part...that I am too lazy to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney! Don't even worry; I knew who you were right off the bat....sometimes I peak at your blog -- Ryan is adorable! I tend to follow Megan's blog (okay, really, its Emily's blog) pretty religiously and will sometimes skip over and see how things are going for you.

    Now, on the important things....glee club wearing arm warmers??? This is AMAZING! I would kill to see that. Also, don't worry. Caitlin totally works for Juicy Couture, a company that is notorious/leading the industry in afixing sequins and bedazzling everything. We will cook something up. And it will be amazing. Just wait.

    -Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAIT!? I actually OWN a pair of those arm warmers! (But in my defense, they ARE in the bag that's on it's way to the Goodwill.)

    ReplyDelete