Monday, February 22, 2010

SHOOT, BARBIE! YOU CAN'T RIDE NO KINDA HILL

Last week I was feeling a little under the weather. I started feeling much better Saturday, but NO I did not ride. I went to see a baby elephant at the Wild Animal Park in SD. He was one week old and I named him Bob. Sometimes, even if you are SUPER dedicated you need to take time to see baby elephants. So there.


But, have no fear. I totally made up for it on Sunday. OK, so I am not all bad ass like Autumn and doing 40 mile rides in the rain. Sue me. But I DID ride up a massive hill. That is an understatement...it is a mother fuuu(shut your mouth) of a hill. Kerry and I (and Ethan for half) rode from Glendale to the flippin' Griffith Observatory! So, say you are not from LA and don't know where that is...the funny thing about observatories is that they are always on the top of really high mountains, so that you may observe. In other words: its a really big hill that rode I up...on a bike. Enough said. And please note that is the Hollywood sign behind me. That's how high we were. I usually only see that from the roof of the Grove parking lot.

Original art by Caitlin to illustrate my ride. Thank GOD I went to art school.
This just does not do it justice.
We made it! Upper body strength for bike holding leaves something to be desired. It is a WHOLE 16 POUNDS, OK??? You try that after 7 mph up a hill. Geez.
-Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. You rode REAL HIGH!!! And lifted your bike. All amazing things. You are awesome and badass. WHOOOO HOOOOOO!

    Couldn't be more proud of my blogging partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shoulda SEEN her! She ROCKED some kinda hill!!

    ReplyDelete