Thursday, February 11, 2010

MORNING RIDE? NOT SO MUCH.

So, I feel the need to get this off of my chest and be honest with all of you out there -- I skipped my morning ride this morning. It's true. My bed was just too comfortable, outside was just too cold and I have just too much stress at work to put up a fight anywhere else. So instead of listening to the call of my bike, I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep.

I think I warned you that there would be points in this process that didn't go as enthusiastically or smoothly. And I also think I warned you that I HATE mornings. On top of all of that, I can't find my arm warmers because of the move. Arm warmers (in the words of Elisa) are mas importante when it's 45 degrees outside. Ugh.

And you know what I keep thinking? A bike ride would have made all of this stress dissipate.

On a positive note, I anticipate lots of good biking stories from the weekend. We are planning some seriously amazing food wrapped into lots of miles. Should be the perfect combo! And, its supposed to be in the 70s again this weekend. Whoo hoo! I think I might purchase one of the "crimes of spandex" outfits (see below words of wisdom from Caitlin); that would put me in a much better mood! haha.

~~Autumn

1 comment:

  1. My work schedule this week = hell. Ride this morning = freezing. My outlook on life = better. Just do it (someone should turn that into a slogan). Oh, and regarding the weekend warmup, at what point does it become okay to go riding in a bib, no jersey? Please don't say never. Please.

    ReplyDelete