Wednesday, February 17, 2010

ROAD RAGE

Yes, I admit, I am one of those people. One of those people who often finds themselves yelling at pretty much every other car on the road. Even if I'm on the phone with my mom, I'll take moment to scream at the guy next to me. I admit it. And it ain't that cute.

I will also admit that I have probably yelled explitives at a cyclist here or there (I used to commute from Brentwood to Pepperdine everyday; PCH has a LOT of bikes out and about). So I find myself on the other side now, being a biker who probably annoys the crap out of ignorant drivers now and again. The other thing that I will admit, is that my road rage has followed me from the car to the bike.....this morning I yelled at people for the following reasons:

-they need a new car because their exhaust is giving me an asthma attack (how does it even pass a smog check???);
- their honking was ruining my morning (this is the number one thing to make me yell);
-they are a (sorry) stupid cab driver who is just mean and cuts people off;
-they are going into Coffee Bean without me;
-instead of waiting to turn right behind me, they sped up and cut me off (love that one);
-their bike is not awesome (yes, I have decided that I do not appreciate mountain bikes taking up the bike lane.....I told you I wasn't a morning person);
- they need to wear a helmet before their head gets mashed in;
-they should go back to bed because their presence was ruining my morning ride; and
- they are a city bus and they are annoying and cause me to cough and they "park" in the bike lane.

So, if you're driving anywhere near my bike, I apologize ahead of time for yelling at you -- either in my head or out loud.....unless you have a real old car that needs a new emissions system. Its really unpleasant to breathe that exhaust.

~~Autumn

1 comment:

  1. OOh!! That "speed up and turn right in front of you" is called a right hook by cyclists. It is the MOST common cause of vehicle vs cyclist collisions...mainly because motorists misjudge the speed of the cyclist. Danger!!

    ReplyDelete