Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why I Like Biking More than Yoga.

1. While you're on a bike, generally no one plays some miniature piano/accordian contraption and sings to you.
2. In biking, no one groans in a dark room with strangers.
3. To "practice" yoga (seriously?) you have to abide by someone else's schedule; I can hop on my bike any time of night or day (I have flashing lights, thank you) according to how I feel.
4. Unpleasant hair configurations are hidden by helmets.
5. You get to wear shoes on a bike.
6. You can call the ground the "ground" rather than Mother Earth. (I grew up in Iowa; this new-agey stuff is real strange to my ears.)
7. Eating is generally added to the bike riding; the last time I ate before yoga I almost threw up.
8. I think my bike seat is actually more padded than a yoga mat.

Now, if you love yoga, more power to you. It is definitely a good workout and works up a sweat, its just a little bit...shall we say...out of the ordinary way of my life? But, honestly, I could just feel this way because Caitlin and I went to yoga at 5:10am. We're attempting a little "cross training" with the biking. Also, Caitlin's back is dead and my back has been dead for the past year, so we're attempting a little rehabilitation. This morning = not so successful (please see Item #1. Weird man sang to me at 5:30am. No bueno.). I missed my bike.
~~Autumn

2 comments:

  1. I have taken class with said weird man!! Funny post, I love following you girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember to squeeze your sex organs, your abs, and your sphincter...gotta love yoga ed

    ReplyDelete